The conference will give Commissioners the opportunity to:
- Explore how the Girlguiding Strategy can support them in creating a vision for local guiding.
- Develop their skills and confidence to manage the challenges encountered in their role.
- Update their knowledge and understanding of the latest Girlguiding initiatives.
- Network with other Commissioners, share ideas and offer support.
You will be able to choose one of the following workshops:
- Getting the best out of GO
An opportunity to discuss a Commissioner’s key responsibilities when using Go and identify reports that will support you in your role.
- Succession planning
To introduce participants to the concept of succession planning and to help them to plan ahead for foreseeable changes in their local area.
- Building a team
How to build a team to support you in your role and to shape and improve local guiding by working around your volunteers and the skills they have to offer.
- What it means to be a trustee
This session will help you to identify your key responsibilities as a trustee with particular reference to Covid recovery and to clarify aspects of your role undertaken in a trustee capacity and those undertaken as part of your leadership & management role.
- A session for commissioners who have completed more than half their term in office
An opportunity to reenergise and identify your priorities going forward, to continue to provide a quality guiding experience for the girls and volunteers in your local area.